Thursday 9 May 2013

A Light Touch

I don't know about anyone else, but I hate shopping for foundation. No sooner do I find one I like than it gets discontinued (Clarins Souffle de Teint) and the 'replacement' is never quite right. One of the main problems I have is that I'm very fair, coupled with cool (read very pink, not a hint of yellow) undertones, with a tendency to dryness, does not an easy buying task make! Nor am I fond of the overly-made-up look. I still want to look like me, not some plastic or wax version, so it was with a little trepidation that I sat down at the Lancome counter to try their Teint Visionnaire, when the assistant looked like a marionette. More is not always more, and I really don't like assistants who feel they have to advertise EVERY product in the range on their own face. Unfortunately, while the colour match seemed adequate, the consistency of the product was thick, coverage heavy, and that was even without the concealer that comes with every pot (the concealer, I was told, is too heavy to use around the eyes, thus necessitating the purchase of another product). I wore it out, peered into a mirror a couple of hours later to a waxy unnatural appearance, heavy and artificial. I shan't be buying any. I've been using YSL Teint Touche Eclat, it's never going to hide every imperfection, but it's light, softening of the imperfections, a great colour and I still look like me. Photo:yslbeauty.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment